Is there a problem in your relationship? Are you fighting or is the flame of your love fading away? Why is maintaining a healthy relationship at times so incredibly difficult?
In the East, many relationships are based on arranged marriages, but in the West, relationships are based on personal preference. Both have advantages and disadvantages, but ultimately, what matters is ensuring that your partnership develops and you both succeed.
That may be difficult. A partnership requires you to give a part of yourself. You need to consider the other person. And that’s frequently the reason why relationships fail. We frequently place more value on our personal opinions and welfare. The culture in which we live also influences our attitudes to some extent. How do we view our romantic partner? Are you treating him or her equally? We frequently fail to take into account the wants and feelings of our spouse, whether knowingly or unconsciously. It’s possible that you didn’t learn that skill correctly because your parents didn’t either or because you had to miss one or both of your parents when you were a young child.
Men also think differently than women do. Women experience emotions differently than males, and resulting in various responses to the same situation. That could cause a lot of miscommunications in a relationship.
It all starts with us. We frequently put our own interests first. Even when you go above and above to help, you can be acting out of duty or because it makes you feel good.
When one or both of you priorities your own interests, you will grow apart. It’s possible that one of you is focused on your children or on your successes and job. There is not enough focus on the relationship. An alternative is that one of you cheats on the other because you both decide that you’d be happy with someone else.
Avoidance is preferable than cure
It begins with being acutely aware that a relationship is about far more than your personal enjoyment and gain. Relations involve giving and receiving. We frequently prefer to get, but giving is much difficult for us. Giving a gift or a bouquet of flowers is nice, but there is much more to it than that. To share something you actually paid for? Are you able to occasionally swallow some pride? to genuinely regard another person?
Our human traits are firmly entrenched with the idea that we think primarily about ourselves. Fortunately, there are many instances of genuine love where both spouses give their undivided attention to one another.
If your relationship is challenging and you want it to succeed, I cordially invite you to start learning what matters most in life. That will also have a significant effect on your relationship.
Ways to strengthen your bond with your life mate.
- Try not to only consider your personal interests. Whether consciously or unintentionally, we frequently priorities our own interests. Find out what the other person enjoys by attempting to put yourself in his or her position. Inquire with your partner as well, and try to avoid prioritizing your own desires and thoughts.
- Choosing to be in a relationship consciously. Even though the sensation may not always be there, it’s crucial to stick with your decision. even if you are tempted.
- Honor the other. Treat your partner with respect. See if you truly believe it by asking yourself. Are you prepared to take into account and respect your partner’s opinion if they have a different one?
- Compliment others. A compliment can do a person good. Look for genuine praise for your partner. Find out what most drives the other person. These are kind words for some, time and attention or a present, a physical touch or assistance for others. Do a search for “the five languages of love” on the internet to learn more about this.
- Avoid harbouring resentment toward others. despite the fact that they might have done something to hurt you. Make a conscious effort to resist getting angry. Having a bitter attitude simply makes it more difficult to mend the connection.
- Spend time having fun together frequently. The relationship is strengthened by going somewhere or doing something enjoyable together. Particularly if you’re attempting to do something that your partner really enjoys.
- There are occasions when patience is a virtue. The emotional state of your partner might not be the same as yours. Finding out what it takes to get back together can occasionally take time and numerous chats.
- Show gratitude. List the aspects of your relationship for which you are or have been thankful.
- Look out for one another. When the other person needs you, be there for them. when your partner is preoccupied, hurt, or grieving.
- Remain true to yourself. Don’t neglect your own needs if you enjoy taking care of your partner. Give yourself adequate time. Do you get enough sleep? Also, talk to each other about this.
- Be truthful. A relationship can be destroyed by a secret. even if you don’t believe it to be a major issue. Your secret will always harm the connection.
- Do you work well as a team if you have kids? Or do the two of you have distinct parenting philosophies? Children are perfectly capable of noticing this and making use of it. Make sure you both agree on the rules that govern your household and what you consider to be essential for the kids. If you disagree with your partner’s choice, discuss it away from the children. The kids will treat you with more respect if you demonstrate respect for one another.
If abuse or violence occurs
If there is abuse or violence in a relationship, the situation changes. It is dreadful when your partner mistreats you or your kids. Having a relationship is obviously not for that purpose. In a partnership, you should feel protected and backed. Although we do not focus on helping people in these kinds of situations, we do want to encourage you to get assistance right away. Several websites where you can go for help. Additionally, you can contact us for the counseling at the contact nos. available on our website. Although we are not trained caregivers, we can lend a sympathetic ear.
What if the partnership ends up failing?
A connection always involves two persons. The relationship will eventually end if one of the two parties no longer wants to put effort into it. Despite the fact that there may be moments when it seems to, it cannot always originate from one side. It’s possible that your two relationships are at very different stages right now.
Talking a lot to each other while also listening intently can help revive a stalemate in a relationship. Of course, you both need to be prepared to invest the necessary time and effort in the relationship. It occasionally requires a lot of endurance and patience.
You may benefit from assistance from a third party, such as a relationship therapist. However, it’s crucial that you both put adequate effort into one another. However, take cautious not to wait around for the other person. Talk to each other a lot and try to solve the problem as a group. That can occasionally take a long time. Particularly after years’ worth of suffering have been accumulated. Even if it may occasionally seem as though you are pushing a dead horse, there is hope when there is still love.
We invite you to look into inner peace, peace, and acceptance if you want to learn more about who you are and how you and your partner interact? That pertains to your entire life and destiny, not just how you treat your relationship.
I want to make it easier for you to understand why you matter in the piece that follows. I think it will assist you in understanding the origin of love and the true nature of relationships. In a nutshell, the matrimonial relationship is very important in someone’s life and we must care for our partner. I bet you, you can win your life by winning your spouse.
M. Imran Qureshi